Monday, September 7, 2015

Unconditional: Nothing Is Impossible



By Tanya Eavenson

Seven years ago God called me to a journey. To something I had never done, nor would I have thought to do. Write.

I shared what the Lord had impressed on my heart with only a few people; thankfully, they didn’t think I was crazy. They encouraged me, sending cards, notes, and praying for me. So I started pinning these items to my desk as a reminder of God’s call, because I had no idea what I was doing. However, I understood God knew what He was doing and this journey would take faith. So there I was, typing away with a burden to share a story I had no idea where it was heading.

As I began to follow God’s lead, a desire took hold to tell a story of a husband and wife lost in their marriage. Though Unconditional isn’t the story my husband and I faced, there are similarities. Nineteen years ago we were at the brink of divorce and no one could stop it from happening—except for God. Before entering Unconditional in the ACFW Genesis Contest, I prayed that if this story was really God’s will, He would give me a sign by letting me semi-final. Yes, I had a Gideon moment, telling God I really wasn’t a writer. Reminding Him I was the weakest writer of all. But once again a quiet voice drew me to enter.

To my surprise, Unconditional semi-finaled, and though I didn’t win, having God confirm His call was more important than any contest prize or any contract. I was reminded that stepping out in faith and following God isn’t always easy. We doubt ourselves at times, but when we trust God, He is faithful.


Unconditional is a love story of a woman, a man, and an amazing God. It’s a gift, a reminder of God’s love for me and my continual journey as an author. But most importantly, it’s a gift to my readers that they may know the unstoppable love of God, and the lengths He will go to offer grace and mercy.


Are you on a journey God has called you to? Do you doubt your own ability at times? Whether it’s writing related or not, know that your faith isn’t built on your abilities, but the character of God. He will help you accomplish any task and walk alongside you in the journey. 


Summary of Unconditional

He will fight for her at any cost...

Elizabeth Roberts can't remember her past, and the present is too painful. She turns to nightclubs and drinking to forget her infant daughter's death, her husband's affair.

When his wife's coma wiped out the memory of their marriage, Chris Roberts found comfort elsewhere. He can't erase his betrayal, but with God's help he’s determined to fight for Elizabeth at any cost.

She wants to forget. He wants to save his marriage. Can they trust God with their future and find a love that’s unconditional?

Meet Tanya Eavenson:

~ Tanya Eavenson enjoys spending time with her husband, and their three children. Her favorite pastime is grabbing a cup of coffee, eating chocolate, and reading a good book. Tanya is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Word Weavers International, and writes for Christ to the World Ministries. Her books are available on Amazon and other retailers. You can find her at http://www.tanyaeavenson.com/  Facebook or on Twitter.



Tanya Eavenson
Inspirational Romance Author
Facebook ~Author page
@Tan_eave ~Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment