Monday, April 16, 2018

ARE YOU FOLLOWING THE RIGHT PATH TO YOUR FUTURE?




Stepping Stones

Sara L. Foust



Five years ago, I had no clue what God had planned for the next phase in my life. I had just turned 30 with three beautiful little girls when I felt an overwhelming call to become a foster parent. It was terrifying. My husband and I completed the training and soon enough we had our first placement, then our second, and then our third. Little did we know at that time our third placement would result in our fourth when her biological half-brother was born. In September 2014, with four children in our home, God impressed upon us to pull our eldest two children from public school and begin homeschooling. I had a lot of support from friends and family, thankfully, because I had no idea what I was doing.

When we brought our newborn son home from the NICU on August 31, 2015, I quickly realized working full-time as a medical transcriptionist from home was no longer going to work. There simply weren’t enough hours in the day or enough coffee in the world to keep my exhausted eyes open. We began to earnestly pray for God to show us what career I should take. It was crystal clear this was the opportunity I’d been longing for my whole life. It was time to write. Not just tinker with the craft. Really write.

It was an amazing and scary time all at once. We went from two full-time incomes to one, cutting our income literally in half, with a new baby and a new mortgage. But God worked out all the details.

By August 2016, our adoption was final and we had a new son and daughter. What a blessed day that was! In the coming months I finished up my first manuscript and, with a lot of prayer, found a publisher who liked my work. In November 2017, Callum’s Compass released. Though we (almost desperately at times) needed the money, I again had an overwhelming sense that God was pressing me to something different. You see, in October I had prayed and cried and prayed about attending a mission trip to the Philippines. And no matter how I tried to talk myself and God out of it, the burden to go would not leave me. I called my friend and mission trip coordinator and told her I would be joining them in April 2018. So the money we had really been waiting for to help with bills, God impressed upon me to donate 100% of sales profits to the mission trip. I’m not going to lie. At first I don’t think I was exactly a “joyful giver.” I was scared. I was worried. But now five months after my debut’s release, I can honestly say it’s been a joy to place the profits toward God’s plan for me on this mission trip.

I can look back now and see how each of the steps from foster parenting to homeschooling to writing full-time to adoption have led to this mission trip. God was putting all the pieces in line so that I could go without worrying about my children missing school, without worrying about taking time off from work (for 2 weeks!), and providing extra money toward the finances needed to go. I am so thankful that I followed His leading, even though at times I didn’t know why He was pushing us toward one direction or another. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 KJV. I am reminded every day that God’s plans are not without reason. That His gentle nudgings are not without purpose. He knows what He’s doing, and all we have to do is trust Him enough to follow blindly no matter where the stepping stones lead.


Tag line:         Facing betrayal, wild animals, meth-addled drug makers, and their own fears, can Kat and Ryan discover the golden treasure and God’s love?
Publisher:      Mantle Rock Publishing
How to reach me:
·       Website: www.saralfoust.com
·       Newsletter sign up: http://eepurl.com/cfqP5H
·       Email: sfoust25@hotmail.com
·       Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/SaraLFoust/
·       Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Sfoust25
·       Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sfoust25/
·       Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sfoust25
Author Bio:
Sara writes Inspirational Romantic Suspense from a mini-farm in East Tennessee, where she lives with her husband and their five homeschooled children. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from the University of Tennessee and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Tennessee Mountain Writers. Her debut novel Callum's Compass won second place in Deep River Books' 2017 Writer's Contest. She also has a story, “Leap of Faith,” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Step Outside Your Comfort Zone. Sara finds inspiration in her faith, her family, and the beauty of nature. When she isn’t writing, you can find her reading, camping, and spending time outdoors with her family. To learn more about her and her work or to become a part of her email friend’s group, please visit www.saralfoust.com
Medium bio:
Sara writes Inspirational Romantic Suspense from a mini-farm in East Tennessee, where she lives with her husband and their five homeschooled children. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee and is a member of ACFW and Tennessee Mountain Writers. Callum's Compass won second place in Deep River Books' 2017 Writer's Contest.  Sara also has a story, “Leap of Faith,” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Step Outside Your Comfort Zone. Gain access to a FREE digital scrapbook detailing some real-life places from Callum’s Compass by signing up for her newsletter: www.saralfoust.com


No comments:

Post a Comment