Friday, August 2, 2013

HUSH LITTLE BABY--Novel by Deborah Piccurelli



COVER BLURB FOR HUSH, LITTLE BABY:


Investigative journalist, Amber Blake, is a little person bent on payback for the death of her average-sized twin sister. Enlisted by her former partner and estranged husband, Evan, she poses as a counselor in an abortion clinic to expose the doctor responsible for fetal harvesting. As a Christian, she struggles with concealing her beliefs to maintain her cover, while the doctor’s romantic overtures tumble her stomach. Amber agrees to date him for the sake of the story . . . but nothing prepares her for what’s behind a mysterious door in his office. 


MOVED WITH COMPASSION

By

Deborah M. Piccurelli


While waiting for my son in a radiology facility the other day, I listened as, one after the other, patients were called, and either told they were finished, apologized to for the delay, or taken in for their scheduled procedure.

 Each person, whether server, or recipient, exhibited much caring, humbleness and joviality. I watched an elderly gentlemen with a cane lumber out the double glass doors, as a woman entered. He held the door for her, and she thanked him. He said, “You’re welcome!” with cheerful conviction, as she, in turn, held the door for a woman exiting. Viewing all of this, I was “moved with compassion,” a phrase I’d become familiar with from my daily Bible reading.

It was Jesus, the Great Book tells us, who was moved with compassion many times for the masses who constantly pressed in around Him. I stopped and asked myself, “Am I like Jesus in that way? Like Him, do I have a heart for people?” I thought so. But when I dug deeper, I wasn’t sure. Of course, it’s easy to have compassion for friendly, cheerful, attractive, kind, considerate people; but what about the bitter, angry, standoffish, rude, unattractive, and inconsiderate? I just read a passage this morning in Luke, Chapter 6. It says:

            And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
            For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also
            love those that love them.

            And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? For
            sinners also do even the same.

            And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? For
            sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

            But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;
            and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:
            for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

What? God is kind to the unthankful and to the evil? Okay, then. I guess that means that since I’m supposed to strive to be like Him, I should be doing the same thing.

So then back to my original question. Am I acting like Jesus? I am if I can be kind and compassionate to the unthankful and to the evil, as well as to the humble and the good. That’s a difficult and unthinkable task!

But then again, as the passage says, my “reward shall be great.”




AUTHOR BIO:
  
Deborah M. Piccurelli is an advocate for sanctity of life, and tackles such issues in her novels, weaving them into compelling stories. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, their two sons.




3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a good book of Deborah's.
    She's done a lot of good reserch into a very sensitive, but badly needed to be told, subject!
    Praying she has a lot of good reviews for her new release. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a twin and this sounds like a book I could relate to. Linda died from a tragic fall but it should not have happened, Sinceless death is never easy. I pray the book is a great blessing to all who read it and for Deborah.
    As for the question, It is one we should ask ourselves everyday and in every situation. Each person we meet gives us new challenges and new opportunities to share Gods love and forgiveness. It is something I struggle with, how do you react when facing the man that molested your child. God taught me to forgive the man but not what he did and he served his time by law but I know God will deal with his sins more fairly than I ever could. Thank you for sharing and Ada thank you for giving us so many wonderful views of Gods love through others writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Diane! For some reason advocating for sanctity of life issues is something the Lord has placed on my heart. Especially for the innocent ones who can't defend themselves, like the unborn.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete