Tuesday, April 3, 2012
FINISHING LIFE STRONG
Here's what you'll find in Second-Half Missionary John Heidi's book and Bible study "Finishing Life Strong."
With forty percent of people in the U.S. now over fifty years of age, millions of baby boomers and beyond are facing new challenges and choices as they journey through the second-half of life. This study guide helps to provide answers to the pressing issues that those in the second-half of life find themselves dealing with.
Included in this guide is information about:
• Raising Grandchildren-over 6 million children live with grandparents.
• Dealing with Depression--the most common illness found among Second-Halfers
• Surviving the Death of a Spouse-the number one cause for stress
• Finding love a second time-read about couples who found spouses on the internet
• Health, Finance, Scams, and other important Retirement issues
• Making sense out of life by developing a "Lifetime Message" From 82 year old Marlene who is raising her great granddaughter to 95 year old Nola Ochs, America's oldest college graduate to 93 year old youth pastor Howard Fox
The book by John Heidi contains true stories from the lives of second-halfers who have experienced both tragedy and triumph.
“ If you are new to the ‘second half’ or have been traveling this road a long time you will find yourself laughing, crying, learning, and being encouraged at God's plan for every person...regardless of age. If you have a PULSE, you have a PURPOSE and whether you use this guide in a small group, a Sunday School class, or as an individual study, you can find inspiration and hope. YOU can FINISH LIFE STRONG! Looking for inspiration and hope? This book is for you. You will find numbers of practical and helpful suggestions to get you on the road to a whole new life of excitement in your second half.”
-- From the foreward by Ken Horn, Editor ot The Pentecostal Evangel.