Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A REASON FOR JOY


WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

A good laugh always makes us feel good. Solomon said it’s like medicine. But do we have joy that goes beyond how we feel when we watch a good comedy, buy something wonderful, or accomplish a difficult goal?
When I get grumpy I remind myself that Jesus said, “In this world you will have tribulation. But be of good CHEER. I have overcome the world!” (John 16:33).
I used to play the piano and organ at church during altar services. I could always tell on the faces of the people when they were born again or touched God for a need. I could see the joy on their faces. Sometimes people wept with joy. Others cried out like a fan whose team hit a home run. Most got up from their knees, grinning and hugging.
I’ve seen a few people dance  with joy—like the healed lame man  in Acts 3:1-12 who when Peter touched him, ran into the temple walking and leaping and praising God.
That’s real joy!
Here are more scriptures about joy.

Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Luke 15:9-11

And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
Luke 24:51-53

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:10-12

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
John 16:21-23

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
John 16:21-23

Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."
Acts 14:16-18

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:23-25

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:10-12

whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
1 Peter 1:7-9

We write this to make our joy complete.
1 John 1:3-5

It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
2 John 1:3-5

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy
Jude 1:23-25

For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?
1 Thessalonians 2:18-20


No comments:

Post a Comment