Friday, November 16, 2012

HOPE FOR THE JOURNEY

I've interviewed author Joi Copeland about her new book. This is Joi's second story about hope, and she shares about her journey to finding it for herself. She also tells about her Christmas novella-- Ada


HOPE FOR THE JOURNEY by Joi Copeland

Kayla Musso has been married to her husband, Brad, for several years. Having just had a baby, Kayla feels her life couldn't be more perfect. Then one day, Brad drops a bomb shell on her that threatens to destroy everything they have worked so hard for in their marriage. Suddenly she is faced with a choice to forgive or let go of the life she loves so much.

Emily Sorenson had always been the picture of health, but when a trip to the doctor becomes the shock of her life, she is faced with a decision, like Kayla, to either fight the battle before her or give up the life she loves. In addition, her husband Jake has to come to grips with the struggle before them as well. As he does, he begins to question God. How could He let Emily go through such pain? As he wrestles with his questions, he faces his own dilemma. Would he be willing to seek God in his time of despair or will he walk away from everything so dear to him?

Every marriage has it struggles. Into every life, rain must fall. At some point, we all question God and his motives. Although the characters in this much-anticipated follow up to Hope for Tomorrow are fictitious, the turmoils they face are very real for many people all over the world every day, and you may find the solutions are something you can apply to give you Hope for the Journey we call "life







1. Hope is a pretty general subject. How do you look at this subject differently? I look to the Cross to find hope.
2. What was the inspiration for this book? Did it come from your experience, challenges, or your testimony? I was praying about what to write for my next novel about. I realized I hadn't read many fiction books about this subject. I knew that this was a subject that needed to be written in hopes of helping women.
3. Have you been in a spot where you thought there might be no hope? Yes! I struggle with anxiety, the kind that leaves me debilitated! I would pray and pray that Jesus would take it away from me or heal me. He chose to use medicine.
4. How does hope contrast with fear? Fear takes away any hope. Fear takes our eyes off the Author of Hope.
5. You speak about a journey. How does one find the way when he’s lost or confused? By turning his/her eyes on Jesus. He's the only One who can shed light on the road home.
6. How have you helped others find hope? Goodness, I hope so!
This from Ada: Joi didn't know how to answer this, but you can see from her book summary what her books are like and often even when a fictional character finds hope, faith, and strength, a reader picks up on this. I believe uplifting fiction encourages readers.
7. Tell us about your writing journey. I've always loved writing. Ever since I was little, I'd write short stories or fiction stories. When I got married and had kids, writing fell by the wayside. Well, when my family and I moved out to Colorado, my sister, brother-in-law, and husband told me I needed to get back to writing. Hope for Tomorrow, my first novel, was born! Comfort Publishing, my amazing publishing company, believed in me! And so began my journey!
8. I see your cover has puzzle pieces. Do you love jigsaw puzzles and find them easy to put together? Not at all! But life is like a puzzle. We only see a snippet, but God knows how each piece fits together.
9. What seven pieces of your life has God put together that made all the difference? My conversion, meeting my husband, marrying my husband, the birth of my three boys, my writing career, giving me hope in regards to my anxiety, and constantly showering me with His love!
10. Tell us where we can get your book, about your blog and other important info.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com.pages/Joi-Copelands-Book-Page

twitter: https://twitter.com/JoiCopeland1
blog: http://booksbyjoicopeland.blogspot.com/
Novel Crossing: http://www.novelcrossing.com/author/3622/joicopeland

Thanks for having me! I enjoyed it!


Joi’s bio:
Joi Copeland says she is married to a wonderful man, Chris, and has three amazing boys, She is living the dream in beautiful Denver, Colorado. Joi loves being a wife and mom and also enjoys spending time with friends over a good cup of coffee or tea. She's been a Christian for over twenty years. She's the author of two books, Hope for Tomorrow and Hope for the Journey, and one novella, Christmas Rayne.


No comments:

Post a Comment