Friday, November 9, 2012

WHY READ CHRISTIAN FICTION? Susan Sleeman, author of Romantic Suspense, tells how she has been blessed by Christian fiction



I like learning new things. Most of the time, anyway, when I’m not trying to rush about in this busy world. But you know what I like best? I like learning new things when I don’t even realize I’m learning something.

One of the best ways for me to do that is to read Christian fiction with a subtle message woven into it. I’m a firm believer that God can change or heal a broken heart, or draw a person to Him as they are being entertained with a good story.

As a reader of Christian fiction, I can learn how to handle issues in my own life by seeing characters grapple with their faith. I can see them overcome obstacles and come out the other side with victory. I can empathize with their plight and take comfort in knowing that I’m not the only one facing my particular problem.

I have many authors who I routinely read to be encouraged. I write and read suspense books pretty exclusively and one of my favorite suspense authors is Mike Dellosso. He writes wonderful stories filled with faith lessons, but his writing is so creative and engaging that I don’t know I’ve learned something until the end of a book when I sit back and reflect on the story. And to me that is what reading Christian fiction is all about.

I’m very blessed to be an author of Christian fiction, too. I can share through my characters the struggles I’ve faced in life and ways I’ve found to cope with the issues. I hear from readers all the time about how the character’s struggles in my books mimic their life and how the book has blessed them with a new outlook on overcoming their issue. I’ve even had readers tell me they have been so encouraged by the book, that they are actively embracing their faith again after a dry spell. How wonderful that God makes a difference though the words He gives me. I am truly blessed.

So what about you? Has Christian fiction helped you in your struggles and encouraged you in your faith walk? If so, how?

BIO -
SUSAN SLEEMAN is a best-selling author of inspirational romantic suspense and mystery novels. Her first romantic suspense title, High-Stakes Inheritance earned a spot on the ECPA bestseller list and her Garden Gate Mystery series, which features Nipped in the Bud, and Read Between the Tines has enjoyed time on Amazon bestseller lists as well. And The Christmas Witness was named a finalist in the 2011 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense. In addition to writing, Susan hosts the popular internet website TheSuspenseZone.com.

She currently lives in Florida, but has had the pleasure of living in nine states. Her husband is a church music director and they have two beautiful daughters, a very special son-in-law, and an adorable grandson. To learn more about Susan stop by any of these locations on the web.

To learn more about Susan stop by any of these locations on the web.
Website www.SusanSleeman.com
Facebook www.Facebook.com/SusanSleeemanBooks
Twitter www.Twitter.com/SusanSleeman
Review Site www.TheSuspenseZone.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Ada! I really appreciate the opportunity to share about how Christian fiction has impacted my life.

    ReplyDelete