Monday, March 4, 2013

LAURA MARSHALL'S NEW DEVOTIONAL: THIS IS A BATTLE CRY FOR REST






Excerpt from A Mom’s Battle Cry for Rest by Laura J. Marshall
All Rights Reserved

I am weary. I have been weary. In the future, I may become weary. I am grateful for the guidance God has given me in His Word on how to come to Jesus. How do I come to you, Jesus?

Matthew 18:2-4, And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, “Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

I didn’t ask about being great in the kingdom of heaven, but how to come to you, Jesus.

Yes, but you must come like a child…who willingly comes when beckoned, who trusts and easily responds to love.

Faith. We must know and believe Jesus is who He says He is and He will whisk away the world to lean close and hear our whispered words, the unspoken aches of our heart, and that He is merciful and loving and will help us.

Let’s visit Matthew 20:29-34:

As Jesus and his disciples were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him. Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”

They knew who Jesus was and called out to Him.

The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”

The two blind men ignored the world and kept shouting.

Jesus stopped and called them. “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.

Jesus focused on their cries and stopped to listen. He asked what He could do for them.

“Lord,” they answered, “we want our sight.”

They believed Jesus could heal them.

Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed Him.

-----------
Join one Christian mom on her journey through the bible to find the Rest that refreshes. A Mom’s Battle Cry for Rest: Battle Cry Devotional Series is available on Amazon for Kindle and in paperback. http://amzn.com/B00BI2HMDM.



THIS IS A BATTLE CRY FOR REST

The following poem is not about suicide, but about the enemy knocking at our door everyday...and the choices we make. "The choices we make daily can affect if a door is open or closed to the enemy," says Laura. "Are our eyes fixed on the storm or the darkness, making us sink or lose our footing? Look up to Jesus, even if it’s a struggle…..especially if it’s a struggle. The chains fall, the storm calms, and light breaks to reveal the path ahead."


Go Away Death
By Laura J. Marshall

Stop knocking on my door and asking to come in.

You’re not welcome here.

You’ve tried the handle, haven’t you?

The door is locked today.

A few times, you’ve found it unlocked or stolen your way in,

And tempted me to anger, sin….to give in, or give up.

You fed me hopeless thoughts and pushed me lower.

You came with your heavy chains and draped them across my back and arms.

I struggled to walk.

I fought to breath.

In my despair, I tilted my head and looked up at the cross,

And then even higher to the throne.

Breathing in faith, goodness, and mercy.

The chains fell.

Death is pushed out.

Peace reigns.

I choose Life.


©Copyright 2013 Laura J. Marshall

Bio: Laura J. Marshall is the mother of five sons. She writes fiction and nonfiction. Her first nonfiction book is called A Mom’s Battle Cry for Rest: Battle Cry Devotional Series. Her fiction romantic suspense book, Persistent Love is due out soon. You can find out more about Laura and her books at www.LauraJMarshall.com
Laura’s book on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00BI2HMDM

No comments:

Post a Comment