Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BUT GOD--Guest Post from Sharon Srock: Terrie--The second book about The Women from Valley View



Sharon Srock gives a powerful testimony here as our guest. "But God" is mentioned 43 times in the King James version of the Bible. Here are a few samples:


  1. Gen 31:7 And your father hath deceived me, and changed my wages ten times; but God suffered him not to hurt me.
  2. Gen 45:8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
  3. Gen 48:21 And Israel said unto Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again unto the land of your fathers.
  4. Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.


No matter what situation in which we find ourselves, if we believe those words, we'll find thing nothing can separate us from the love of God and His power  (Romans 8). Just yesterday while we were talking about all the expected blizzards, I told my brother how we were crossing the Colorado mountains in a storm and we suddenly slipped into the path of an oncoming truck. I yelled, "Jesus help us!" and it seemed a hand shoved us back into the right lane, nearly slick tires and all, out of the truck's way.

Now here's Sharon Srock's testimony:

BUT GOD…
Have you ever mumbled those words to your heavenly father? I know I have, especially in the last four years as He’s nudged me along the road to publication.

Once I accepted the fact that fiction writing was where God was taking me, it was easy to accept the need to incorporate a spiritual journey in all the stories. I just didn’t know that some of them would reflect my own journey as closely as Terri’s story does.

In The Women of Valley View: Terri, Terri is looking for the dream she’s pursued her whole adult life. Twenty nine years old, single and childless she feels her dreams of family slipping away. Circumstance puts her on a path that feels exactly opposite to the one she truly wants. She begins to cry out to God for understanding and direction.

This was where I found my own life was I wrote this story. Most of Terri’s prayers sound a lot like my own as I began to seriously explore publication. Is this where you want me God? Can you please shine some light on my path cause this feels wrong for me. I don’t understand where you’re taking me. And finally… I sorry for being stubborn, I’m sorry for saying “here take this” and grabbing it back. Please just give me the faith I need to follow where you lead.

You know what Terri and I both found out? God’s promises are always true. Just because the path He puts you on isn’t the most comfortable or familiar one, doesn’t make it the wrong one. Sometimes God takes us on a circular path to teach us lessons that we’ll need once we reach our destination. The path may be different than we envisioned, but most of the time…the destination is the same.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO TERRI?

Despite a bustling day care center and a new foster child, Terri Hayes hungers for a family of her own. Then a plumbing mishap leaves her homeless and questioning God’s plan. Steve Evans’s gracious offer of his basement apartment as a temporary solution is an answered prayer.
Steve is a successful writer and a good father, but Terri is horrified when Steve’s book research leads him to a harsh confrontation with the parents of her foster child. She needs to distance herself from Steve, but her efforts fall short as his two scheming daughters plot to make Terri their new stepmother.
Will harsh words and sneaky plans drive Kelsey’s family further apart and put a wedge between Terri and Steve? Or does God have another plan in store?



Sharon Srock lives with her husband, Larry, and two dogs in Rural Oklahoma. She is a mother, grandmother, and Sunday School teacher. Sharon has one and three-quarters jobs and writes in her spare time. Her favorite hobby is traveling with her grandchildren. She is a member of the ACFW and currently serves as treasurer for her local chapter. Sharon’s debut novel, The Women of Valley View: Callie released in October 2012. The second in the series, The Women of Valley View: Terri releases in April 2013.
Connect with her here:
Bloghttp://www.womenofvalleyview.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SharonSrock#!/SharonSrock
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/SharonSrock
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448789.Sharon_Srock


http://www.amazon.com/Terri-Women-Valley-View-2/dp/1611162378/ref=la_B009OB2HSO_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365469479&sr=1-2





1 comment:

  1. Ada, thanks so much for hosting me on your blog this week. I'm looking forward to visiting with your readers.

    ReplyDelete