Saturday, June 28, 2014

WASHINGTON PRAYED GOD WOULD BLESS THE FUTURE

GEORGE WASHINGTON BELIEVED WE NEED GOD IN OUR FUTURE


George Washington 



A Prayer for Guidance 



O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul....
Increase my faith in the sweet promises of the gospel; give me repentance from dead works; pardon my wanderings, and direct my thoughts unto thyself, the God of my salvation; teach me how to live in thy fear, labor in thy service, and ever to run in the ways of thy commandments; make me always watchful over my heart, that neither the terrors of conscience, the loathing of holy duties, the love of sin, nor an unwillingness to depart this life, may cast me into a spiritual slumber, but daily frame me more and more into the likeness of thy son Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time attain the resurrection of the just unto eternal life bless my family, friends, and kindred.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Faith-Tools/Meditation/2005/01/Prayers-Of-The-Presidents.aspx#ACjXXcjb3TpiAAge.99

George Washington
 

Win a copy of IMAGINE THE FUTURE YOU as an audiobook! Comment on how God has been in your past because you put Him into your future. Deadline to enter drawing July 7, 2014



Note from Ada Brownell from the beginning of Imagine the Future You:
Why bring God into a book about preparing for your future? Because the Creator is involved in the future of individuals, humankind, nations, the world, and will change things when we pray. From George Washington to George W. Bush (and I imagine Barack Obama), U.S. presidents prayed, especially in crises. God heard because America has been blessed. You can find and read many of their historical prayers today.
Parts of this book are to give you evidence for belief in God. Believing is a choice, but the much of the education and media in the United States is designed to keep you from believing in your Creator.
 God has been in your future from conception (See Psalm 139), loves you, keeps track of the hairs on your head (Luke 12:7) and will never leave or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). He is most concerned about your future. He wants to give you abundant life (John 10:10), prepare the way before you, keep you and guide and lead you to heaven. But He will only come into your life if you invite Him (Revelation 3:20). With the Lord, you’ll have a blessed future, not only on earth, but for eternity.


IMAGINE THE FUTURE YOU SUMMARY


A motivational Bible study by Ada Brownell


The intriguing thing about our dreams is we’re always the “Star.”  Comedy, romance, murder mystery, drama, documentary of a heroine—there we are in the middle of everything.
When we’re awake we also star in our dreams. Dream big and work toward your goals and you’ll write a story with your life that might amaze you.
Whether your story is a tragedy or a cherished classic depends on who you want to become and if you pursue your dreams.
If you continue to do or not do what you practice now, what kind of future do you imagine for yourself?
The decisions we make ourselves affect our future more than those made for us. We have control of our attitudes, our work ethic, our sense of wonder, our faith to believe in God and for great things. It is up to us where we end up in life and eternity.
This Bible study will help you discover evidence for faith; how to look and be your best; who can help; interesting information about dating, love and marriage; choosing a career; how to deposit good things into your brain you can spend; and how to avoid hazards that jeopardize a successful life on earth and for eternity, all mingled with true stories that can make you smile.

Review:  How I would have loved  to sit at Mrs. Brownell's knee when I was a teen. This wholesome book resounds with sage, Godly advice and could be picked up again and again as needs arise. Worthwhile for parents too. Much fodder for family discussion too!





No comments:

Post a Comment