Thursday, May 28, 2015

Author shares miracles of angels, new friends, children, and puppies

My Testimony
By Caryl McAdoo







“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” Revelation 12:11 KJV

Blessed be the name of the Lord! Thank you Ada for giving me this opportunity to share my testimony! I love more than anything to testify to the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord! I have so many testimonies! Well, I turned sixty-five the third of this month, and I would suppose that anyone who has loved the Lord as long as I have would!
We go through seasons in our lives, times of lack and times of plenty, of health and times of sickness, time in the valley and time on the mountaintop, of sowing and reaping. In this world, we will have tribulations. Trials and troubles do come, but we can always be of good cheer for He has overcome the world!

I want to testify to a recent blessing. O’Pa and I still have two of the four grandsons we’ve reared for almost thirteen years now, ages fifteen and twelve, and we wanted to find a church with a good youth group for their sakes. The last we attended regularly was Abundant Life Assembly of God, and ours were about the only children there. We thought First Baptist might be the place to go, especially since a certain young lady went there who Christian, the older one, knew from school.
But alas, it turned out the group only had a few and the young lady mentioned turned her attentions elsewhere, so things were not so good there anymore. I have A LITTLE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS debuting in November and in September or October, happened to see that another Christian author also had a title with Angels launching in November. Her name was Stephanie Collins.
So, I typed her name in Facebook search and several came up. I only knew her name—not even if she was young or old—so, chose a couple and sent a private message: ‘Hello! Nice to e’meet you! I saw where a Stephanie Collins has an Angel book coming out in November, and I have one, too! Are you that Stephanie?’
Right away, I got a response. ‘Nice to meet you, too. I see you’re a Christian lady, so I sent you a friend request.’ Well, #1 – this lady could have lived anywhere in the wide world, right? But when I went to her page, I saw she lived in Bogata (pronounced Buh GOAT uh – it’s a long story) which is twenty minutes from Clarksville where I live! WHAT? We both lived in Red River County! Amazing!
#2 was that she had a profile photo of herself and a teenage son! My next question…Where do you go to church because my husband and I live in CLARKSVILLE and have been looking for a good youth group for our grandsons. She told me she drove twenty minutes up to the Church of God at Blossom and bragged on and on over their youth. We visited the following Sunday.

The boys love it! The church is well attended and unlike so many where Ron and I’ve visited and were the youngest there, there are many young families! From the nursery to the youth, their busting at the seams, except they’d recently built a new bigger beautiful building after the old one burned down. They had a gym and a ping-pong and pool room, and lots of family activities. J We have a new church home and thank God for leading us there! My fellers are looking forward to going to summer camp with them and the youth director will pick them up on the way to Weatherford on their way through the Metroplex! How wonderful is that?

See just how God cares? He knows our needs and is always so faithful.

Today, I had six of a litter of eight pups I needed to find a home for before the boys went to their other grandmothers for the summer on Friday. A homeless walk-about showed up one day around
Christian and finding puppies homes
dinner time, all thin and in need of love. I did my best to find his owner, but far as he was concerned he had a new family. I had two outdoor dogs – a Border Collie, Faith, and Great Pyrenees Zoe. Both females…no males, no puppies. For two years, this worked then Bodark showed up.
SO I dropped Christian off at church tonight and Ben (the twelve-year-old) and I drove on to Paris and prayed God would send the new owners of these precious, playful puppies. We parked way out away from the Walmart store, with a clear view of MacDonald’s drive thru and set up our FREE PUPS sign. I took my rocking chair from Gander’s Mountain.
He started hollering “Free Puppies, Get them while they’re young!” When a car stopped, he would run to the car and put the puppy through the window. We gave away five and brought one back home. I know that baby has an owner who wasn’t at Walmart. Another testimony of God’s great goodness toward us! His mercies and loving kindness are new every morning, too! I love and adore Him!
I have a running testimony of my whole life that I just keep adding to on my Facebook Notes if anyone wants to be encouraged by seeing where I’ve been and where God has brought me. The URL there is: https://www.facebook.com/notes/caryl-lawrence-mcadoo/caryls-testimony/10150250403626741   

“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.  It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.” Lamentations 3:21-26 KJV

Caryl's books: 

The widely 
acclaimed Historical Christian
'western adventure' Texas Romance series:



Hope Reborn (1850-1851) Book

Three

Hearts Stolen (1839-1844) Book
Two

Vow
Unbroken
(1832) Book One

A Little Lower
Than the Angels

Volume
One of The
Generations
series, Biblical fiction


PROMO PAGE /   SINS OF THE MOTHERS
Debut Day:  May 3, 2015

SERIES: TEXAS ROMANCE, book four of these historical Christian, western-adventure novels set in 1851-1853 / Continuing the story of Henry and Sue Buckmeyer with their growing children, this title begins the next generation and features their oldest daughter Mary Rachel. 

BLURB:     SHORT
Blind love propels Mary Rachel to defy her father and elope to California with Caleb Wheeler where betrayal and murder drive her to despair. Who will ever love her enough to cover her sins and deliver her from the pit she’s dug for herself?
LONG
Persistent faith brings redemption and reconciliation.
Blind love propels Mary Rachel to defy her father and elope to California with Caleb Wheeler.  The newlyweds partner with his cousin in his San Francisco dry goods business. Unbeknownst to the young bride, her new husband sends his kissing cousin ahead to have both his love and his new wife’s money. Betrayal and murder drive Mary, soon a young mother, to the depths of despair. Is there a man who can love her enough to cover her sins and deliver her out of the horrible pit she’s dug for herself? She travels from frontier Texas to the raw bone boomtown of 1850’s gold rush days, then all the way to genteel New York to find redemption for the sins of her mothers. 


EXCERPT:
With everyone on the porch for the clan’s sendoff, Mary Rachel decided for sure and for certain and could wait no longer. She took a deep breath and hugged his neck. “Daddy, I’m sorry. I really am, but I can’t go. No, I mean I’m not going. I can’t leave. I won’t.”
He leaned back and stared at her for too long a minute, his face suddenly stone cold. “What did you just say?”
She grimaced; steam rose to her cheeks. He softened just like he always had when her mother turned on him. Saying it aloud made it all the more real, strengthened her resolve. “I cannot be gone for seven months. I thought for a while maybe I could, but I can’t, Daddy.”
Her new mother stepped close. “But Mary Rachel, why? It’s the trip of a lifetime. I promise you’ll adore Europe.”
“It’s just Mary now, please. No Rachel. That’s what Caleb calls me.”
His voice lowered to almost a whisper, he slipped some of the steel back on. “So. This is about that boy.”
“He’s a man, Daddy, and you know it. We love each other.”
“If he loves you, baby, then he’ll wait. It’s only seven months. He should be thrilled you have this opportunity to travel Europe.”
“Well, I’ve made my decision, and I’m not going.”
“We’ve booked your passage.”
“I know, and I’m sorry. I should have told you sooner, but I knew you wouldn’t be happy about my decision.” She looked off at the tree line, hating the disappointment in his eyes. But that was a coward’s way, so she faced him again. “Like I said, I thought I could. Anyway, let Bonnie take my place.”
From somewhere, her youngest sister burst into the middle. “Can I, Daddy? Please take me! I’ll be good. Mama, tell him how good I’ll be.” She turned those doe eyes on him. “Pleeeease.”

* * * * *

Six miles, north by northwest as the turkey vultures soar from Clarksville, Texas, the very reason Mary stayed home, rode his best mule as he skidded the black walnut saw log back to his cabin. Caleb looked behind. “Slow, girl, almost there.” 
He nudged the animal a bit further, the timber only feet from his makeshift hoist. Two more steps, then he eased Harley Sue to a stop. He hopped down then rubbed the old girl’s near ear. “You sure are a good mule.”
The distant rattle of trace chains turned him east, for a minute he stared, then she waved. “Well, look here what the cat drug in.”
He unhooked the skid and led Harley Sue to the barn’s corral; got back before Lanelle had the brake set on her wagon. “She go?”
“Nope.”
He nodded. “You sure? Saw it with your own eyes?”
“Yep, he took the three younger girls, but not the princess.” She stood and threw him a smirk. “Help me down.”
“Sure.” He stepped toward her with his arms held out, she fell into them. He caught her then twirled her around as she wrapped hers around his neck. He set her feet to the ground then stepped back a bit. Business first. “Anyone see you turn on my road?”
“No, but what difference would it make? I’m only bringing supplies for my kin.”
“True, you get it all?”
“A pound of salt pork, two ounces of salt, and a pound of coffee, but you best get yourself to town. Old man Hobbs wants a word with you. Wasn’t too happy when I told him to put it on your bill ‘stead of Pappy’s.”
Caleb nodded toward his wagon. “I should have this lumber loaded by Saturday. I’ll see to him on my way to Jefferson.”
She shrugged then turned and moseyed toward the cabin. “That last batch any better?”
Heading the opposite direction to the well, he soon went to cranking; retrieved the jug, pulled the cork, and sipped a taste. When he didn’t follow, she looked around then trotted to him grinning. He extended his home brew. “You tell me.”
Always a sight to behold, she accepted the jug without an ounce of pretension. Licked her lips then took a short pull and wiped her mouth. “Boogers, Caleb.” She grinned then got herself a real drink. “Woo! I’d say that may be the best you’ve cooked yet.”
He took the jug back and sipped a few gulps more. Burned good all the way down. Replacing the cork, he nodded toward the cabin. “You got time?”

REVIEWS:         
        I tell you what, folks, this girl can write! I do love this series, and maybe most especially this book Mary Rachel Buckmeyer is smart as a whip. She can out-negotiate the experts, out-guess marketing trends, and out-stubborn a mule. Trouble is, she tends to follow her heart into disaster. She falls in love with Caleb Wheeler, a man her father says is a boy. As she finds out, he's not only irresponsible, he has a meandering eye, lies like a braided rug, and has all the loyalty of a new-born pup. Mary hops from one frying pan to another until one man shows up who could steady her and get her out of the fixes she gets herself into. But again, trouble is she might throw him away. When will this girl ever learn? Such a great story! I know you'll love it
                   --Patricia Baxter Campbell, Author

I've often wondered if the past can repeat itself in a person's life and Mary Rachel Buckmeyer gave me my answer. Love, betrayal, despair, the sweet faith of little children, and the perseverance of a miner. These all made for a wonderful story of what life was like in San Francisco during the gold rush of the 1850's. When I finished the last page of Mary's story, I smiled and thought... I loved this story! But... There had better be another book coming because I want more of these Buckmeyer's! I'd recommend this story to anyone who enjoys reading  a good Christian, historical fiction of the 1800's.
                   --Deanna Stevens, Nebraska reader

Bio: Christian, hybrid (Simon & Schuster & Indie) author Caryl McAdoo is currently writing three series from a perspective of faith: her historical Texas Romances; the contemporary Red River Romances; and The Generations, her Biblical fiction. The novelist loves singing new songs the Lord gives her and painting. In 2008, she and her high-school-sweetheart husband Ron moved from the DFW area—home for fifty-eight years—to the woods of Red River County. Caryl counts four children and fifteen grandsugars life’s biggest blessings believing all good things come from above. Praying each story gives God glory, she hopes it also ministers His love, mercy, and grace to its readers. Caryl and Ron live in Clarksville, the county seat, in the far northeast corner of the Lone Star State.

Links
All Books   -        http://tinyurl.com/CarylsAmazonPage

Website       -        http://www.CarylMcAdoo.com    
                                     
                                     (Get FREE books for subscribing!)



No comments:

Post a Comment