* Talk about Jesus, who always has been and always will be. Include where He was before coming to earth. “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation. Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things you can see and the things we can’t see—kings, kingdoms, rulers and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him. He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together” (Colossians 15:17NLT).
· Teach about giving and gifts. It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).
· Talk about the stable and how Mary and Joseph were content in the humble place.
· Discuss the inn and the innkeeper. What would we have done if we owned the inn? Would we have given our bed, so the Son of God wouldn’t be born in a stinky stable? You might not have an inn, but have you opened your heart to Jesus? Jesus told John in his vision, "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in.” (Rev. 3:20).
· Christmas is all about Jesus. He left heaven to become a helpless baby, God in human flesh, to die for our sins on the cross, and most important, His body came out of the tomb alive. Because He lives, we can have the Greatest Gift ever given – Jesus! Freedom from sin, but also have joy, peace and live forever. That’s why we sing, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come!”