Monday, September 12, 2016

GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES




Sometimes those prayers that we give to God take a while for Him to make real in our lives. He has His good reasons for His timing.

This year (Aug. 2016) I am seeing something come true that I asked of the Lord over 16 years ago. Longer than that, when I think of the original request that goes back to February 1979.

When I was holding my baby girl, Sarah, in the maternity ward, I knew that in the following days I would keep my promise and relinquish her to adoption. I was unmarried at the time of her birth, and wanted my child to have the security and love of a loving dad as well as a loving mom.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but somehow I knew God was going to use our story to encourage others. I began to pray back then, shortly after giving my little girl up in 1979, that one day I could write or tell our story.

As Sarah went to live with her new mom and dad, God was very good to me, and a year later sent a sweet man into my life. David and I married and as the years passed, we had our own 3 beautiful children. Then as the years inched forward closer and closer to the time my birth daughter Sarah would be turning 19 I began to pray for our reunion. The age 19 was the age of majority in our province, and when Sarah and I could legally be reunited.

The reunion eventually took place, 2 years later than I had first hoped, but the reunion turned out to be far more emotionally painful that I was prepared for. I was not only reunited with my child, but with the fact that she was NOT my child. I began to relive my original loss of Sarah.

God is so faithful though. I went through a terrible valley of depression and loss that lasted a good 2 or 3 years, but my relationship with God brought me out of it.

It was through that journey of emotional pain and eventually healing that I discovered the story God wanted me to tell. That was when I began to pray again that God would use Sarah’s and my relinquishment/reunion story to encourage others.

And now 16 years later, that true-life account of what God taught me through the relinquishment of my child will be published this August 15, 2016, and is called FINDING SARAH—FINDING ME: A BIRTH MOTHER’S STORY.

The main premise of this long-awaited book is found in Isaiah 49:15,16a

“Can a woman forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has born? Though she may forget, I will not forget you…see I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.”

Click HERE to read the first chapter of Finding Sarah—Finding Me

Reunion Day


Book Description

Sometimes it is only through giving up our hearts that we learn to trust the Lord.

Adoption. It’s something that touches one in three people today, a word that will conjure different emotions in those people touched by it. A word that might represent the greatest hope…the greatest question…the greatest sacrifice. But most of all, it’s a word that represents God’s immense love for his people.

Join birth mother Christine Lindsay as she shares the heartaches, hopes, and epiphanies of her journey to reunion with the daughter she gave up...and to understanding her true identity in Christ along the way.

Through her story and glimpses into the lives of other families in the adoption triad, readers will see the beauty of our broken families, broken hearts, and broken dreams when we entrust them to our loving God.



PURCHASE LINKS

Amazon (Paperback and Kindle)




ABOUT CHRISTINE LINDSAY

Christine Lindsay is the author of multi-award-winning Christian fiction with complex emotional and psychological truth, who always promises a happy
ending. Tales of her Irish ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India inspired her multi-award-winning series Twilight of the British Raj, Book 1 Shadowed in Silk, Book 2 Captured by Moonlight, and explosive finale Veiled at Midnight.

Christine’s Irish wit and use of setting as a character is evident in her contemporary and historical romances Londonderry Dreaming and Sofi’s Bridge.

A busy writer and speaker, Christine, and her husband live on the west coast of Canada. Coming August 2016 is the release of her non-fiction book Finding Sarah—Finding Me: A Birthmother’s Story.



Please drop by Christine’s website www.ChristineLindsay.org or follow her on Amazon on Twitter. Subscribe to her quarterly newsletter, and be her friend on Pinterest , Facebook, and  Goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment