Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Encouragement for Your Heart



By June Foster

Sometimes my life seems filled with chaos and confusion. Doubts gnaw at me telling me I'm spinning my wheels. But then I come across a scripture like Isaiah 26:3 and realize my Source of Truth lies in the Word and not my fleshly, worldly mind.

"You will keep the mind that is dependent on you in perfect peace, for it is trusting in you." Really? Do I always trust in God? Ultimately, yes. The part of my mind that says "things aren't going well today. This day will end in disaster" wants to blare and bully its way, demanding I listen. But I don't have to. I only need to "listen" to what God says and that is I have access to perfect peace.

Then I went on to read verse 7. "You clear a straight path for the righteous."
Whoa. Sometimes it doesn't seem straight, but Whom shall I believe? The God who created the universe!

I can't help but think of the time our two granddaughters came for a visit from Texas, and we went hiking at Hurricane Park in Cullman county. It's a park that encompasses a canyon about ten miles north of where we live. At the bottom is a stream that runs part of the year. We hiked down and back up again. Though the hike down is only about two hundred yards, it took what seemed like forever to make it. The trail is steep, rocky, and plagued with shifting soil, exposed roots, and sharp rocks.

Sometime life seems like I'm going up and down that trail, but it doesn't have to. God says my mind is filled with perfect peace because I trust in Him, and I believe it.

A HARVEST OF BLESSING:
After the death of her husband, Nadia Maguire never expects to meet handsome Jared Abrams in the cemetery where she visits her dead spouse's grave. Though she falls for the handsome bank president, his daughter hurls a wedge between them. Will her life be a harvest of blessings or a season of drought?

When bank president Jared Abrams falls in love with one of his tellers, Jared's daughter does everything in her power to keep them apart. Will he reap a harvest of blessings or a season of drought? 


MEET JUNE FOSTER


June Foster is an award-winning author who began her writing career in an RV roaming around the USA with her husband, Joe. She brags about visiting a location before it becomes the setting in her contemporary romances. June's characters find themselves in precarious circumstances where only God can offer redemption and ultimately freedom. Find June at junefoster.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment