Monday, January 26, 2009

Brrrrrrrr!

A shiny icy skin covers this part of MO this afternoon. They're forecasting another ice storm, but although our sidewalk and the street already are slick, the rain isn't coming down as it did in the 2007 storm that caused so much trouble. I'm hoping it doesn't develop.

I imagine Michelle would love it. Jaron might, too, if we had thick ice covering everything as it did before. He'd go bonkers with his camera. I even wandered out to take photos myself. How can anything so beautiful be so destructive? Springfield looked like a tornado went through in '07 with all the trees down, and folks everywhere struggled to keep warm with power lines down and no electricity. We were fortunate to have a fireplace with a pilot light and we used our outdoor propane grill to cook. We were without water a while, though,, because the city water in Battlefield (where we lived then) depended on electric pumps.

Often since that ice storm I've thanked God for heat, electricity, and the many blessings we have. Many people in the world never have electricity or the conveniences we have. God truly has blessed America. I pray he will continue to do so. But I worry. Yet, the Lord said if we seek HIs face, repent of our sins and turn from our wicked ways He will hear from heaven and heal our land.

That's a warm promise for a frigid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment