Monday, July 8, 2013

Darlene Franklin talks about the joy of fulfilling God's call





THE CALL
By
Darlene Franklin ©2013

Blessed be God, the God-of-Our-Fathers, who put it in the mind of the king to beautify The Temple of God in Jerusalem! Not only that, he caused the king and all his advisors and influential officials actually to like me and back me. My God was on my side and I was ready to go. (Ezra 7:27-28, MSG)
"The call" refers to the phone from an editor or agent, wanting to contract with you for your book--especially the first one.

Now, I have contracted 30 books and never received a phone call; I did get, back in 2003, an email from Tracie Peterson, wanting to contract  Romanian Rhapsody. I received the message on Thanksgiving Eve, so you can imagine my celebration that year.

In chapter six, Ezra described the first Passover celebrated after the temple was rebuilt and of Era's revival. Both express impossible, laugh out loud, incredible, unbelievable joy. God had plunged them into a sea of joy. (Ezra 6:21, MSG) Receiving that first contract plunges a writer into holy joy juice.

In chapter seven, Ezra went into detail about his personal rejoicing. His experience parallels mine as a writer.

He thanked God for the opportunity to do what he wanted to do:

·         Blessed be God . . .who put it in the mind of the king to beautify the Temple of God. Writers without publishers and readers are sad people indeed. The day I quit my job to write full time fulfilled a lifelong dream, but it took a publisher with a desire to print Christian romance to make it happen.

·         Not only that, he caused the king . . . actually to like me and back me. They like me! They like my "baby," my book! They actually are going to back me, by taking on the expense of printing it, editing it, creating a cover and a marketing plan--and paying me!

·         My God was on my side and I was ready to go. For those of you not yet published: take heart from Ezra’s preparedness. The time you've spent learning your craft has not been wasted. You will be ready to go, when your call comes.

So rejoice in that sea of joy when God sends that publisher or agent who actually likes you and your work!

Get ready, set, GO.

AUTHOR BIO/LINKS: Darlene Franklin’s greatest claim to fame is that she writes full-time from a nursing home. She lives in Oklahoma, near her son and his family, and continues her interests in playing the piano and singing, books, good fellowship, and reality TV, in addition to writing. She is an active member of Oklahoma City Christian Fiction Writers, American Christian Fiction Writers, and the Christian Authors Network. She has written twenty-six books, been published in twenty more, and has written more than 200 devotionals. Her historical fiction ranges from the Revolutionary War to World War II, from Texas to Vermont. You can find Darlene online at http://darlenehfranklinwrites.blogspot.com/, http://mydailynibble.blogspot.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/darlene.franklin.3 .

Blurb: The lyrics from Horatio G. Spaffords beloved hymn It Is Well with My Soul inspire this encouraging title. Simple, heartfelt devotions speak to women of all ages. Add to that page after page of lovely prayers, memorable quotations, and Bible promises.
Purchase link: http://amzn.to/1cWQBgq




No comments:

Post a Comment